Worked Indonesian Kabupaten Kota (WIKK)
1. What is WIKK
Worked Indonesian Kabupaten Kota (WIKK) award is an International Award Program with the goal of attracting interest in Amateur Radio through the communication with various Kabupaten (Regency) and Kota (City) of Indonesia. “WIKK” program is established to encourage making confirmed contacts with the greatest variety of Indonesian areas according to IKK Number.
There are currently 11 different certificate awards varying in difficulty and complexity, and also a Plaque and Throphy available for “Honor Roll” and “Honor Roll #1”.
- Worked Indonesian Kabupaten Kota (WIKK) Award is available to all licensed radio amateurs and SWLs everywhere in the world.
- WIKK is issued for radio contacts with specified numbers of Kabupaten (Regency) and Kota (City) in the Indonesian territory.
- All QSO/HRDs must be done on any amateur HF bands, on or after August 17, 1945 (Indonesia Independence Day).
- Special event callsign, portable operation are also valid, as long as it has information about the location (Kabupaten or Kota).
- Endorsement may be requested for bands (Mixed and any Single Band) and modes (CW, Phone, Digital and Mixed). If not requested, the Award will be issued in Mixed Bands and Mixed Modes.
- Confirmation of QSO/HRDs are necessary. The confirmation may be in QSL card paper or any electronic form (LoTW, e-QSL, Clublog etc.) as far have detail information of the station location (Kabupaten or Kota).
- It is not necessary to submit QSL Cards, however they must be in possession of the applicant and must be produced upon request for inspection (by scan and sending via e-mail).
- Applicants must have made the QSOs/HRDs from same DXCC entity.
3. Application and Fee
- Application must be accompanied by QSL card list (GCR) furnished with the call signs of stations worked, dates, times, bands, modes and IKK Number.
Applicants may attach the list and scans of the QSL cards.
- The list should be arranged in order of IKK Number.
- Please send the application via e-mail to Award Manager:
a. Stephan Busono W2FB (for DX), email: sbusono(at)gmail.com
b. Adhi Widodo YB3MM (for DX and Indonesia), email: yb3mm(at)mdxc.org
- For applicants without computer or internet connection, please send to Award Manager through air mail:
Adhi Widodo YB3MM
PO Box 23 Malang 65101 Indonesia
- WIKK award is FREE, and it is issued as PDF or JPEG file. (Please contact Award Manager by email if request in paper award)
- The design and the fee of WIKK Plaque and Throphy is not decided yet. Please contact Award Manager by email for inquiry.
Applicants authorize the publication of his/her data related to this Award on internet or other media.
5. IKK Number
Currently (October-2017) there are 514 Kota and Kabupaten in Indonesia. Please click on the following link for a copy of list of Kabupaten and Kota and their IKK Number.
Please note, if the QSOs/HRDs have made before the inauguration date of Kabupaten or Kota, it should use previous IKK Number.